25 Ways to End the Year
|1) Stop in at the Perry Rubenstein Gallery to see the latest amazements-out-of-paper by Danish artist Peter Callesen.
2) See The Cripple of Inishmaan by Martin McDonagh and then zip across 23rd for a pint by the fireplace at Molly's Shebeen.
3) Let Dan Zanes entertain the kids at the New Victory.
4) Marvel at the goodies snagged by Philippe de Montebello for the Met during his three-decade tenure.
5) Check out the show at CHC by photographer (and Rachel Maddow partner) Susan Mikula.
6) Help the city's pet population and kick in some cash to The Toby Project, which will deploy five mobile vans providing free spay/neuter services to the communities that need them most.
7) Warm up with one of Keen's stash of 200 or so Single Malt Scotches.
8) Tune in to HBO on the 29th for Le Cirque: A Table in Heaven.
9) Catch the witty and wise vibe of folkie Dar Williams at Southpaw on 12/27.
10) Head up to the second floor at 34 W. 32nd Street [Bway/5th] for satisfying Seoul (Garden) food.
11) Meditate at Tibet House, tonight.
12) Get into the holiday spirit at last with Groovelily's Striking 12 at the Zipper.
13) Have some party prep fun at the Institute of Culinary Education's 13th Annual Make-and-Take Holiday Hors d'Oeuvres.
14) Be inspired by Infidel.
15) Hunt for bargains at Jack Spade, where the goods are up to 50% off.
16) Delight in the inimitable Margaret Rutherford and her turn as a medium in Blithe Spirit.
17) Imagine you're hearing the Beatles live, thanks to The Fab Faux.
18) Celebrate the New Year with the Brandenburg Concertos.
19) Improve your grammar with the very funny Things That Make Us [sic]. [via Banterist]
20) Make time for Merry Widow merriment at the Amato.
21) Read the long-overlooked Richard Yates novel first and then see the movie version of Revolutionary Road.
22) Expect to be laughing and appalled by the Rob Corddry hospital drama spoof Children's Hospital.
23) Bask in all the Liza-ness.
24) Dip into fondue at Smith Street's The JakeWalk.
25) Don't stifle a generous impulse.
email this article
That's it for us—we're off for some R & R until Monday, January 5th. Wishing you happy and peaceful holidays.
-The MUG Team