Will To Create, Will to Live:
The Culture of Terezín
|From Jan 9 to Feb 16, 92nd Street Y presents a multi disciplinary exploration into the culture of the Terezín/Theresienstadt Nazi transition camp, where vibrant culture and art flourished despite suffering.
The series includes:
• A four-concert series featuring the Nash Ensemble, baritone Wolfgang Holzmair and pianist Shai Wosner
• Panel discussions
• A day-long lecture series at 92YTribeca modeled after lectures given at Terezín
• Film screenings, dance performances and a literary reading
• Educational outreach to K-3 public school students through 92Y's music education programs
• An exhibition of art and artifacts from Terezín
To learn more about Terezín, all of the programs in this series and to purchase tickets, visit 92Y.org/Terezin or call 212.415.5500.
Order online and save 50% on service fees.
Will to Create, Will to Live: The Culture of Terezín is generously supported by The Rita Allen Foundation; and The Harold W. and Ida L. Goldstein Lecture Fund through the Estate of Sanford Goldstein.
92nd Street Y, Lexington Ave at 92nd Street
An agency of UJA-Federation
email this article