|7 FROM SUDS CENTRAL
1. Blind Tiger Ale House, 518 Hudson [10th] 212.675.3848. Over two dozen draught micros. March 10: 5 on draft from Colorado's New Belgium brewery.
2. Brewsky's/Burp Castle, 41 E. 7th [2nd/3rd] 212.420.0671/212.982.4576. A dozen on tap, over 170 bottles.
3. d.b.a., 41 1st Ave. [2nd/3rd] 212.475.5097. Over a dozen on draft, plus three hand-drawn cask ales.
4. Ginger Man, 11 E. 36th [5th/Mad] 212.532.3740. Sixty or so brews on tap.
5. Loreley, 7 Rivington [Bowery] 212.253.7077. A dozen German brews on draft, another dozen in bottles. Tasting March 19th of special German beers, plus full dinner.
6. Spuyten Duyvil, 359 Metropolitan [Havemeyer] Bklyn 718.963.4140. Hand-drawn cask ales, six more on tap, plus dozens of brews by the bottle.
7. Waterfront Ale House, 540 2nd [30th] 212.696.4104 and 155 Atlantic [Clinton/Henry] 718.522.3794. Twenty on tap.
· Michael Jackson Beer Appreciation Society Tasting: March 22 at the Brooklyn Brewery, 718.486.7422, 10 lager beer styles plus finger food. $30 in advance.
· Made in America: Belgian-Style Beer Tasting on March 31 at David Copperfield's, 1394 York [74th] 212.734.6152
· Real Ale Cask Festival: The Brazen Head, 228 Atlantic [Court/Boerum] 718.488.0430, features 10great cask beers. April 2-4.
TAKING IT HOME
B & E Quality Beverage, 511 W. 23nd [10th/11th] 212.243.6812, sells over 400 beers. Nothing else quite like it in the city.
GROUPS AND RESOURCES
· Malted Barley Appreciation Society
· NYC Beer Guide
· The NYC Homebrewers Guild meets every month on the third Tuesday, 7:30pm at Brewsky's, 41 E. 7th [2nd/3rd] 212.420.0671
THE OLD COUNTRY
-Zum Schneider, 107 Ave. C [7th] 212.598.1098. Bavarian indoor biergarten.
-Bohemian Hall, 29-19 24th Ave. [29th/31st] 718.274.4925. Indoor/outdoor Czech beer garden.
Orval — our desert island beer of choice.
HOMER SIMPSON ON BEER
"Homer no function beer well without."
email this article
|Recently on MUG:
10 Great Things — Part 1
10 Great Things — Part 2
Liquor Stores Open on Sunday
Kathy and Mo