|It's National Hot Dog Month, according to…somebody or other. Enough reason for us to celebrate along with Jayne Mansfield (below), Miss Hot Dog Ambassador, 1950.
Trace back hot dog lore all the way to 1487.
Part of The New York International Fringe Festival, My Salvation Has a First Name: A Wienermobile Journey is the true, -ish, story about comedy writer and performer Robin Gelfenbien's road trip at the wheels of a Wienermobile. It apparently had a salutary effect on her; she says, "As crazy as it sounds, the Wienermobile saved my life. You've got to embrace salvation no matter where you find it—even if it contains the word 'wiener.'" The show will play at The Jazz Gallery, 290 Hudson [Spring] for five performances between 8/10 and 8/21. Tickets are $15 and go on sale this Friday.
• Crif Dogs, 113 St. Marks [1st/A] 212.614.2728
• F & B, 269 W. 23rd [7th/8th] 646.486.4441 and 150 E. 52nd [Lex/3rd] 212.421.8600
• Gray's Papaya
• Hallo Berlin, 626 10th [44th/45th] 212.977.1944 and food cart, 5th and 54th
• Hot Diggity Dog, 263 Prospect Pk. W. [Prospect Ave.] Bklyn 718.499.0008
• Shake Shack, Madison Sq. Pk
• Willie's Dawgs, 351 5th Ave. [4th/5th St.] Bklyn 718.832.2941
email this article