| ‣ @ruthbourdain is a Twitter mashup of Ruth Reichl's tweets and 'Anthony Bourdain's mind'. Foul-mouthed and very funny.
‣ At the French Institute on Monday night, a great lineup of performers, including Angelique Kidjo, for their Benefit Concert for Haiti.
‣ At An Evening with Lypsinka's Maid, you'll find John Epperson undragged, playing songs at the piano. Sunday, March 21st, 6pm at Birdland.
‣ Keigwin + Company are at the Joyce from March16-21 where they'll perform the world premiere of the new piece Bird Watching. [Photo: Tom Caravaglia]
‣ The Meat Hook is now shipping their sausages, 10 orders a week max, $100, five types, butcher's choice.
‣ Thru Sunday, an additional 25% off the already reduced prices at the Steven Alan Outpost, 465 Amst [82nd/83rd] 212.595.8451.
‣ Brooklyn art guide Wagmag holds its annual benefit raffle on Saturday, 6-8pm.
indie rock… Friday: Optimistic world-poppers The Very Best play Natural History Museum. Monday: Party with Oh My Rockness at Santos Party House! Just Announced… 4/27: Hole. 4/29: OK Go. 8/4: Hot Chip.
books… Howard Mosher may have a big hit on his hands with his new Civil War thriller Walking to Gatlinburg. He'll be at 192 Books, 192 10th [21st] 212.255.4022, on Tuesday, March 16th, 7pm. Reserve.
food… Hear William Grimes, Milton Glaser, Hugh Hardy, Michael Whiteman, and Michael Battery discuss the late restaurateur Joseph Baum, the man behind Windows On The World, the Four Seasons, and La Fonda Del Sol. It takes place Tuesday, March 16th, 6-8:30pm, at The New School.
movie… Tales from the Script is a funny and enlightening documentary in which screenwriters share their war stories. Opens tomorrow at the Quad.
scent… What Does Ecstasy Smell Like? is the question taken up at the Rubin Museum on Saturday, March 13th at 4pm ($20), when renowned perfumer Christophe Laudamiel talks with neurobiologist Stuart Firestein about how the brain processes our sense of smell… Scent mavens should also check out the day-long Headspace 2010 symposium on March 26th.
Today on Wish You Were Here:
email this article