· Logitech Mouse A wrong righted: the first mouse for lefties, a laser cordless, on sale early April, $60.
· Origami is Microsoft's new Ultra-Mobile PC system for small computers such as the Samsung Q1.
Going Up/Coming Down
· Reflecting Absence Construction on the Ground Zero Memorial is set to begin today, though The Coalition of 9/11 Families is trying to block it.
· Morris Yacht and Beach Club on City Island gutted by a fire early Friday morning
· The Roumanian-American Congregation, a LES synagogue demolished as a result of a roof collapse
· Blue Owl, 196 2nd [12th] 212.505.2583, cocktail haven in gold
· Pink Elephant, 527 W. 27th [10th/11th] 212.463.0000, newly relocated to the club district
· Element, 225 E. Houston [Essex] 212.254.2200, a mega dance club.
· David Smith at the Guggenheim
· Edvard Munch: The Modern Life of the Soul at MoMA
· Goya's Last Works at the Frick
· Biennial 2006 at the Whitney
· Faith Healer by Brian Friel, previews start April 18th
· Festen by David Eldridge, based on the Danish movie, previews start March 23rd
· The History Boys by Alan Bennett, previews start April 14th
· The Lieutenant of Inishmore by Martin McDonagh, previews start April 18th
· Well by Lisa Kron. One for the home team (the only American play on this list), previewing now.
· A Voce, 41 Mad [26th] 212.545.8555, with Andrew Carmellini at the helm, finally open. Dornenburg and Page report it was "well worth the wait."
· Bouchon Bakery, Thomas Keller's new cafe/bakery in the Time Warner Center, 212.823.9366, 3rd floor, slated to open today. Pastries, savories, and chocolates from the Per Se chef.
Ralph Lauren Home sale this Wednesday and Thursday, 9-7, and Friday 9-5, at the Metropolitan North Pavilion, 110 W. 19th [6th/7th]. Sale on furniture, lighting, antiques, fabric, and home accessories. CC only, no strollers.
More on Housing Proceedings
From a reader: "The article about Housing Proceedings lacks an important piece of info that I thought should be communicated. Going to court against a landlord should be considered the last resort for numerous reasons. One is because it will create a permanent court record. In the current trend, more and more landlords check court records when checking credit records and having one's name in court records usually gets an apartment application denied."