‣ Up to 65% off women's clothing from Helmut Lang and Theysken's Theory, thru 6/22, 8-8. 93 Mercer [Spring/Broome].
‣ Frette's Italian linens are up to 80% off now thru 6/22, 9-6:30, and 6/23, 9-5. The New Hotel Collection, for example, was $1450, now $299. It's at Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd [8th/9th] 718.747.1656. CC only, no strollers, no kids under 12.
‣ At Ted Baker, 32-34 Little W. 12th [9th/Wash] 212.647.0991 and 107 Grand [Mercer/Bway], the spring collection for men and women is up to 50% off, thru the end of the month.
‣ Delicate Raymond will have a sample sale of their jewelry, today thru Friday, 11-6, at 470 7th [35th/36th]: bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and more. Most items under $50.
‣ Current and spring season is up to 50% off A.P.C., 131 Mercer [Prince/Spring] 212.966.9685, thru mid-July.
‣ Down the block from A.P.C., men's and women's clothing by 3.1 Phillip Lim, 115 Mercer [Prince/Spring] 212.334.1160, is up to 40% off thru the month.
‣ At the Exclusif Showroom, 39 W. 56th [5th/6th] 5th flr., a sample sale of summer and fall '11 clothing for women by Armani, Missoni, Galliano, Valentino and more, thru 6/26, 10-7.
‣ Thru July 17th, The Conran Shop has markdowns on everything from mixing bowls to tables. A few items are 75% off, most are 15-30% off. Don't forget they moved last year to ABC Carpet, lower level.
‣ Italian clothing for men and women by Emilio Visconti on sale now, with some markdowns at 90% off. 48 W. 37th [5th/6th] 11th flr, weekdays from noon-6pm, through the end of the month. Cash only.
‣ Vermont Country Store has Red Oil, the antiseptic long popular in the South (good for stings, paper cuts, sunburns, etc.) marked down: was $17.95, now $6.99.
Starts Tuesday, June 21st
‣ A sale on jewelry, watches, and silver—including many one-of-a-kinds, at Buccellati, 46 E. 57th [Park/Mad] 718.747.1656, thru Friday, 6/24, 10-6 each day. It's a Soiffer Haskin-run sale which means: CC only, no strollers, no kids under 12.
‣ Lauren Moffatt dresses and skirts are up to 70% off at their sample sale, 6/21, 8-7, 6/22, 9-7, and 6/23, 9-5. 214 W. 29th [7th/8th].
Starts Wednesday, June 22nd
‣ The colorful Joan Goodman-designed jewelry, under the name Pono, is marked down up to 70% at 132 W. 36th [Bway/7th], 6/22-6/29, M, W, F only, 9-6.
‣ Vintage-inspired bridal dresses and gowns up to 75% off at the Fancy New York Atelier, 1133 Bway [26th] Suite 1405 212.234.4303, from 6/22-6/24, 10-6.
Starts Thursday, June 23rd
‣ J. Press menswear is up to 80% off, 6/23-6/24, 11-6, 530 7th [38th/39th] 29th flr. 212.997.3600.
‣ The Altman Building, 135 W. 18th [6th/7th] houses the Escada sample sale on 6/23-6/24, 10-7, and 6/25-6/26, 10-5. Jackets, pants, cocktail dresses, shoes, and accessories are below wholesale. Cash or CC, no strollers or kids under 12, no exchanges or returns.
‣ At Bird's three Brooklyn locations, up to 60% off clothing for men and women, thru 7/19.
Starts Wednesday, June 29th
‣ One day only (6/29): Splendid and Ella Moss sample sale of clothing for women, men, teen, toddler, and baby. 260 W. 39th [7th/8th] 12th flr. 8:30-5. Cash or cc.
‣ 'The Killing' ends without ending
[Salon] [Ed: Spoilers!]
‣ New York City's top prosecutor takes on Wall Street crime
‣ What does it mean for the Democrats to have Anthony Weiner gone?
‣ Walmart hunts for a way into the city
‣ My Ex-Gay Friend
‣ Silly Putty enables new Smell-o-vision device